In July 2005, Krug received Forest Stewardship Council ® (FSC) Chain-of-Custody certification for our manufacturing facilities. The FSC Chain-of-Custody tracks certified wood from forest to final sale. It signifies that the growth, harvesting and production of goods are entirely achieved through responsible forestry, which guarantees a healthy supply of forest resources for generations to come.
Krug has the ability to provide many of its products as FSC-certified. In addition, architects, designers, and building professionals can specify FSC-certified products in order to achieve a point from the US. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Rating System.
Any non-certified wood used in an FSC-certified product must come from responsible sources. Therefore, Krug ensures that the lumber is not taken from:
- forest areas where traditional or civil rights are violated
- forest areas that have high conservations values which are threatened
- genetically modified trees
- forests that were illegally harvested
- a forest that has been converted to a plantation or non-forest use
For more information on FSC Certification, please visit the FSC website at www.FSC.org